Frequently asked questions
1. How quickly will my welcome pack arrive?
Once we have received your payment, your membership pack will be sent within three working days.
If you join at one of our venues you will receive your membership card which you can use immediately to get your discounts. The rest of your membership pack will follow in the post.
2. How do I give membership as a gift?
There is a section on the membership form that you should complete. If you are paying online, there is an option to give membership as a gift.
If you give membership as a gift we will send the welcome pack directly to you. If you would prefer us to send the welcome pack directly to the gift recipient there is a box on the sign-up form which you should tick.
3. What benefits do members get?
All members receive the following standard benefits:
- Up to 15% discount in our shops, cafes and restaurants (exclusions may apply) and online shop
- One invitation per member to exclusive membership events
- Regular membership e-newsletter
- Copy of our Exhibitions & Events guide, published three times per year
Family Members (2 adults and up to 5 children) receive:
- Up to 15% discount in our cafes, restaurants and shops (exclusions may apply) and online shop
- Invitations to exclusive family events throughout the year
- Fun, family trails to explore and discover our venues
- Our Family Guide direct to your door
- Regular family focused e-newsletters
Group Members (up to 10 members, non-profit groups only) receive:
- All the standard benefits above, plus...
- Five membership cards to distribute amongst the group
- Up to ten invitations to membership events
For information on our Life Members please refer to point 6.
4. What kind of events are members invited to?
Membership events are often focused on a new exhibition at one of our venues and can feature a talk or Q&A session with an invited speaker. Members also have the chance to explore the exhibition outside of normal opening hours and enjoy a complimentary cup of tea or coffee.
Family Membership events can include curator-led tours of local wildlife or family-themed events at our venues.
See our membership events page for some of our past events.
5. How do I choose the right membership for me?
Simply pick the membership from our standard list that best fits your needs - if the membership you need is not listed, please contact us.
- Concessions (senior citizen/ student) - was £17, now £12.75
- Joint Concession (senior citizen/ student) - was £27, now £20.25
- Adult - was £25, now £18.75
- Joint Adult - was £35, now £26.25
- Family - was £40, now £30
- Group - was £100, now £75
6. What is Life Membership?
Life Membership is a lifelong commitment to culture. Life Members receive our special membership cards and all of our standard membership benefits every year for the remainder of their life.
Life Members never have to renew their membership and also receive:
- Double invitations to two exhibition private views each calendar year
- Choice of an exhibition catalogue upon joining
- Acknowledgement (with your consent) on this website - see our current Life Members
Life Memberships are priced:
- Concession - senior - £200
- Joint Concession - senior - £350
- Adult - £300
- Joint Adult - £500
- Family -£500
- Group - £500
7. How long is membership valid for?
Our standard membership is valid for 12 months from date of sign up.
Life Memberships are valid for the remainder of the members’ life. Family Life Memberships are valid until the youngest child turns 18 and then the membership will become either a Life Joint adult or Life Joint concession (senior).
8. How do my membership fees support National Museums Liverpool?
A different project or venue is chosen each membership year to receive support from the membership scheme. Funds raised by our members in previous years have supported exhibitions. In our first year, funds raised helped to conserve the last surviving motor coach (No.3) from the historic Liverpool Overhead Railway, prior to its display in the new Museum of Liverpool.
9. How do I renew my membership?
We will be in touch with details telling you how to renew your membership before it expires.
We will request payment for the coming membership year and on receipt of payment will issue you with your new membership card. You can renew online or by telephone.
If you are a Life Member, you don't ever have to renew.
10. Can I pay by Direct Debit or pay my membership fees online?
National Museums Liverpool does not currently accept payment by Direct Debit.
You can purchase or renew a membership online, please use our secure online form.
Buy membership now