Cotton brokers' ring

elegant wooden hoop raised on slender curved supports at about table height, for traders to stand round

This cotton brokers' ring was the first purpose built stand of its kind in England and was made in 1906. The Cotton Exchange in Liverpool directly tapped into world markets through telephone links with the USA, India and Germany.

Accession number 1970.150.1